It has been a rather hectic week since the Pittsburgh Marathon, and I will get that Recap up sometime today. But in the meantime, Happy Friday. But here is a quick Five Things Friday:
1) Back yard projects, I finally have finalized a plan for my back yard, so expect to see a few blog posts about it over the next few weeks. My goal it to get at least half of it done prior to my Alaska vacation next month.
2) Speaking of backyards, there was one thing that i did not do last year that I need to do this year. My garden. I really missed all the fresh tomatoes and other fresh veggies. It’s one thing I will be doing this year. Just not for another week or two.
3) Miami Half Marathon. I am seriously debating running thin in January. I will be in Maimi a few days later for The Rock Boat, so what is getting out of the cold a few days early. I just don’t know if I want to spend 4-5 days in Miami. I may have to go Key West for a night or two.
4) After running the Pittsburgh Marathon (Half), I decided that I will run the Full Marathon in 2 years for my 35th birthday. I hope my friends actually hold me to this.
5) The look of the Blog. Over the next week or two I am going to be updating the look of this blog. Even I have to admit that it needs a little updating.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Happy Friday everyone. I hope everyone is as ready for the weekend as I am. Anyway here are to weeks 5 things.
1) This weekend my rugby team plays Cleveland. This is basically a playoff game for us, so we need to come away with a win. We would still make playoffs if we lose, but it would most likely mean a long road trip next week against as higher seeded team. Hoping to have a longer recap on this game.
2) The Pittsburgh marathon is quickly approaching, and I feel that my trainning lately is really off. I’m not worried at all about finishing, and I should still break 2 hours, but I really wanted to break 1:40, and I don’t think that is going to happen. My legs just seem too tight this week to keep a decent pace for any amount of time. Hopefully I can figure out what is going on and fix it ASAP. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
3) Two months from tomorrow I will be starting my alaska adventure 2015. I can’t wait to get up there and see more of the state than I have had the chance to in the past.
4) I have decided this summer I will be finishing my back yard, hopefully by the time that I get back from Alaska to have a cookout wi all the fish I plan on bringing back. This is going to be a bit of a project, and one that I will not really be able to do on my own. So don’t be suprised if you hear a little more about this project in the near future. I need to get on it if I’m going to get things done in the next few months.
5) It’s finally starting to feel like spring. Which makes it that much easier to get up and go for a run in the AM. While it is still dark on those runs, it is star tending to brighten up before I get home. I’m really hoping that this helps break the funk I have beeni in lately. I am sill waiting to see the sun rise while I am out on my morning run, but I know that will be here before I know it.
This year seems to be flying by. I can’t believe its already the end of March. Hopefully that means that there is warmer weather just around the corner…I’m getting tired of running in the 30’s. Now that Rugby is getting back to it’s normal practice schedule, hopefully I can stay on top of this blog.
1 – This summer I am going to Alaska to run in the Mayors midnight Sun half marathon. My Friends Chelsea and Lauren are doing up as well. At this point we have a loose agenda, but we are still looking to book things. If you have any suggestions in the Anchorage, Kodiak, Denali area please feel free to let me know. I’m really pushing for a Halibut fishing trip, though my travel companions do not know this yet. After all Who does not love fresh seafood.
2 – I’m looking to become a half fanatic this summer. After I complete Anchorage I will qualify for Neptune, but if I can find another around the end of May, I will be able to jump up to Saturn (I will have PA, WV, and Alaska in 7 weeks). I should be able to find one in Ohio in that timeframe. I just need to choose a race.
3 – Rugby starts this weekend with a warmup tournament in West Virginia. Not sure I am really ready for the season to start up, but its here. Two league matches after Easter and them playoffs. The season will be over before I know it though.
4 – This summer I really need to get some work done on my backyard. Even if i don’t get the patio finished, I need to get a retaining wall built and make the area more useable. My new neighbors who moved in back in December, have been working overtime getting their yard ready. I feel like i need to accomplish something in the backyard this summer. Hopefully you will see some pictures of the progress as soon as the weather warms up.
5 – I am strongly considering signing up and training for the Pittsburgh Triathlon in August. I have never done one, and really don’t know where to start training for it. I would not do the international, but the sprint. It would only be a 600M swim, a 20K bike, and a 5K run. I still have some time to decide, but it I am very tempted to sign up at this point.